Continuous Improvement Team Lead
Hollman is the world’s largest manufacturer of wood and laminate lockers. We pride ourselves in staying on the cutting edge of our industry – continually offering new designs and finish options and producing those using the most modern computer-controlled equipment.
In order for your application to be considered for this position, you must upload your resume and fill out the short survey at: http://www.cindexinc.com/c/48EB46
Under the direction of VP- Operations, the Continuous Improvement Specialist is responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement activities using lean manufacturing principles in support of meeting financial, business and leadership development goals. These activities will vary from lean training, leading kaizen events, executing value stream processes, and project management.
Key responsibilities – other duties may be assigned:
- Drive and execute lean initiatives for the plant including value stream processes, kaizen events, TPM, 5S, visual factory, SMED, Kanban, and other lean tools and principles.
- Link Lean activities to the business objectives and developing a site transformation plan in collaboration with the site management team.
- Drive process improvement efforts through Kaizen activities, Value stream Mapping, SMED and Six Sigma projects in an effort to impact the customer and business metrics and create processes and metrics to track the performance of lean activities and ensure sustainability
- Assist in project identification/ selection, assuring linkage between projects and business and customer priorities
- Implement pull processes between manufacturing processes and the supply chain. Ensure sustainability and improvement to inventory turns
- Develop and maintain detailed process maps, metrics, and control plans for the key manufacturing processes
- Train and coach process owners, process improvement leaders, and project teams in the use of improvement tools and methodology to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Acts as change agent to instill Lean culture throughout the plant
- Support projects such as reducing operating costs through cost reduction, improved process control, machine reliability, machine set-up times and introducing new products and processes
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS – Engineering or Operations Management, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Strong change management skills and experience.